Faster Lines Multisport Kayak Course
Take your multisport skills to the next level. Improve your speed and control on the Waimak River with our Faster Lines Kayak Course.
Our Faster Lines intermediate/advanced multisport kayak course has been proven to work. Coast to Coast champion Jess Simson attended this program in both 2014 & 2015 race years to help drive her skills to the elite level (winning both years).
Based out of Christchurch, Faster Lines is a four day intensive skills program that will take you on a journey like no other. Pushing your river skills to the next level with the support of a NZOIA qualified coach.
Improve your roll, build on your whitewater skills, and become confident and controlled through the Waimakariri Gorge in your race boat. If you are looking to complete your second or third C2C race (maybe the Longest Day) or are on the fast track for your first big race, then this package is for you.
- Boom-Proof your Roll
- Boost your Whitewater Skills
- Paddle the Full 70km C2C Route
- All Coaches NZOIA Qualified
- 4 Days in a Row = Better Skills for you
- Kathmandu Coast to Coast Approved
- Adventure Mark Safety Audited
- Rolling Race-boats
- Rolling in Rapids
- Whitewater Paddling Skills
- Leading Down Class 2+
- Paddling Class 3 (Depends on Group Level)
- Waimak Shortcut Selection
- Paddling Centre on Wave Trains
- Using the Fast Water
- Outside Line on Bluff Corners
- Boulder Garden Stratergy
- Techniques for Less-Stable Boats
- Grade 2 Kayak Course Completed (or Equivalent Whitewater Experience)
- Coast to Coast Multisport Course Completed (or Racing Experience)
- Can consistently roll a kayak in calm water
- You Must be Able to Swim
- You Need to be of Good Health & Fitness
- You Need to be Between 16-65 Years
- You Need to be Less than 110kg
Submit your review
I completed this training with Sam in December 2016. I wanted to improve my skills so I had the confidence on race day to paddle as hard as possible. The first 2 days involved lots of white water paddling and rolling. Sam also provided some tips on river flows/dynamics and best areas to paddle in. By the end of day 1 we had notched up 130 rolls. Day 2 involved more white water paddling and some video analysis. By this point everyone was rolling comfortably. Day 3 we moved to our multisport boats and transformed our roll to the longer boat. We then completed a lower Waimak run to test the new skills out. Unfortunately our gorge trip on day 4 was cancelled due to bad weather but we returned at a later date to complete the final day. Really enjoyed the course, it was well run and organised. We all learnt some valuable white water skills which translated well to the multisport boats.
Awesome being instructed by Sam who is so passionate about lifting the standard of multisport paddling – both in skills & confidence. He made me feel safe to try things out in the boat that I never would have otherwise.
Coast to Coast 2014 I needed a Grade Two Cert, I signed up with Canterbury Kayaking for no other reason than it was so easy to book in through their web site. First week and I was hooked, so I followed it up with a another week, then Faster Lines and became a very competent paddler. In C2C I finished 4th in my division after just nine months in a boat!