Lightweight for long-distance wins.
When you’ve got a competitor’s bow right on your tail and 20 kilometers downstream to go until the finish line, you can’t afford your stroke rate to slow down. That’s why you need the Gara Odin-S Racing Paddle. Hand-crafted in South Africa by a top-tier brand that delivers first-place results, this agile paddle is used by event champions throughout the world.
Constructed from incredibly light carbon fibre, this paddle’s blades have a very low swing weight, keeping your strokes light and fast as you rip past the competition. A small/medium sized teardrop blade shape delivers an early and smooth catch, a stable power phase, and a clean exit. Made from carbon fibre and fibreglass, the shaft features an ideal combination of rigidity and flexibility, while the split design enables on-the-go adjustments to length or feather. An included, padded travel bag enables a safe transport experience, lengthening the life of the blades and keeping performance in tip-top shape. If you’re a stronger intermediate to advanced paddler competing in the Coast to Coast Race, this is the fastest paddle you could choose.
- Small blades are ideal for mid-to-high-level athletes on longer runs.
- Lightweight carbon fibre blades enable maximum energy transfer and decrease swing weight for extra efficiency.
- Comes with handy padded travel bag for increased paddle lifespan.
- Used by current world champions.
- Ideal for multisport racing.
- Length: Adjustable length, 206 – 216cm is standard, custom length is available.
- Tips: Lightweight bi-axle fibreglass tips. These are not metal. Care needs to be taken when paddling shallow rivers to prolong the life of the blades. Tip construction improved in 2019 for better Waimak’ durability.
- Blade Material: Ultralight carbon-fibre river layup.
- Shaft Material: Bright ORANGE colour, 40% carbon, 60% glass. The optimum mix of stiffness vs forgiveness.
- Shaft: Straight shaft 2 piece adjustable split with hand operated clamp (always stow apart, and rinse thoroughly after use in salt water).
- Adjustment Range: Full range of feather adjustment for left and right handed paddlers with degree indicators.
- Grip: Key grip included. Standard is right handed grip. Left handed grip available on special order.
- Bag: Comes with padded travel bag.
- Paddle Weight: 660g.
- Blade Size: 478mm x 166mm.
- Blade Area: 677cm2.