Sea-worthy rescue gear.
Whether your paddling buddy sick after that last night’s sushi, or a nearby kayaker pulled a muscle performing a last-minute brace, sometimes you need to tow someone back to shore. With the Palm Ocean Pro 10m Kayaking Towline, you’ll find a versatile piece of gear that can get you out of nearly any situation at sea.
A top-opening bag makes it easy to grab the towline while you’re sitting in your boat, and a large opening simplifies repacking once you’ve completed your rescue. A Seadog rustproof clip enables a smooth attachment to your buddy’s bow, but if you have a preferred biner, replacement is a snap away. Bright polypropylene floating line will be easy to spot in the water—even as waves push you about—so a dropped rope can be easily retrieved. While the rope comes with the elasticated bungee section placed back a meter, the different sections are not sewn together so you can undo the knots and arrange the rope to fit your needs. To make this rope even more adaptable, D-ring attachment points let you rig shorter tows if the need arises. If you’re looking for a versatile towline that will serve nearly all your needs at sea, this is a great pick.
- Top-opening bag is easy to open and repack.
- Replaceable Seadog rustproof clip enables smooth attachment to bow.
- Bright removable 6 mm polypropylene floating line is easy to see in the water.
- Unsewn sections (tied in place) and D-ring attachment points facilitate adaptability.
- Ideal for ocean rescue in calm waters.
- Belt: Floating foam waist belt with Fixlock® QR buckle.
- Holster: Side mounted QR Carabiner clip.
- Opening: Cordura® side opening bag with elasticated opening.
- Rope: Removable 10m of removable 6mm polypropylene floating line in yellow.
- Shock Absorption: Detachable enclosed shock cord unit.
- Clip: Seadog’ non-corrosive plastic clip with Velcro® backed connector webbing.
- Attachment Points: D ring attachment points for rigging short tows.
- Reflective detail: On bag.