Pants that protect, then pack away.
Whether you want to block wind, bugs, or cold splashes, pants can make paddling expeditions that much more comfortable. But heavy-duty water bottoms can be way too heavy for a race or short trip down your favorite run. For a basic pair of paddling pants that has all the essentials without the weight, try the Palm Vector Paddling Pant.
Built from fully waterproof, breathable, and seam-sealed 2-layer fabric, these bottoms are perfect for kayakers who like to wear a pant in all conditions, but don’t want to carry around any extra heft. A loose cut enables maximum freedom of movement, while a high back with a drawcord prevents any uncomfortable low-riding when you sit. Other gear will work comfortably with these pants, as the loose cut will fit a pair of shorts underneath and a large Velcro® ankle opening makes room for booties. When conditions are nice and warm, these bottoms will pack away neatly in your dry bag. And if you’re in it to win it, these versatile bottoms meet the safety requirements for multisport events such as the Coast to Coast Race.
- Loose cut enables maximum freedom of movement.
- High back with draw-cord prevents low-riding while seated.
- Large Velcro® ankle opening enables easy fit with booties.
- XP 2-layer fabric is waterproof, breathable, and durable for comfort and longevity.
- Appropriate for whitewater paddling, sea kayaking, and multisport racing.
- Main Fabric: XP 2-layer waterproof and breathable fabric.
- Seams: Factory sealed waterproof seams.
- Waist: Draw-cord Adjustable Waist.
- Ankle Seals: Velcro adjustable neoprene cuffs.
- Meets NZ Multisport Racing Requirements: Yes.
- Weight: 347g (L).